3.06.2010

And the winner is...

Part of trying to get Carter to drink from a bottle has been trying different bottles and/or nipples to see which one he prefers.  Can you guess which one the winner is?


Perhaps looking at it from another angle will help.


Whether you tried to guess or not, the winner is...Avent.  The last one we tried.  Sorry, I could not resist that line. 


I think we have tried every major brand of bottle found at Target, Walmart and Babies 'R Us.  No lie.  Sorry for the poor choice of font color, for whatever reason in photoshop it looked great.  If you can't read the lables, they read Avent, Gerber, Born Free, Dr. Brown's 4oz and 9oz, Playtex Dropins 4oz and 9oz, and MAM. 



As if that wasn't enough, there is also the issue of nipples.  Because some brands come with different nipples and different flow rates.  I couldn't figure out how to take a picture of all the nipples, but now that I think of it, I should of just piled them all together in a bucket to give you an idea of how many there actually are.


I also thought I'd give you a view from above.  You know you want to count them.  But I will be nice and save you the trouble.  There are 15 Dr. Brown's, 2 Born Free, 9 Avent (5 are in the dishwasher), 6 Gerber, 15 Playtex Dropins, and 1 MAM.  That brings the grand total to 48 bottles.  Crazy, right?  I don't want to even want to add up the cost.  I might faint if I know the amount.



The reason we have so many is because Carter will take one bottle for a while, so I would stock up thinking it was the "one" and then a couple days later, he would start to refuse it.  But in all seriousness, Avent seems to be the bottle that is the "one".  He has had the most improvement using the Avent bottle.  So here's to continued success with Avent.

No comments: