6.10.2008

What to do?...

It is supposed to another extremely hot day again! 100 degrees and up to 115 with the heat index. Yikes! So what does one do with a 1 year old who at 8 am is already bored with his toys? I normally let him play outside or take him to a park, but I'm thinking it is too hot for him to be outside for any length of time. So, I'm up for any suggestions! Remember...this is my first summer with an active child!

5 comments:

Windot said...

Ethan loves strolling, so we will go to the mall and stroll around. Some public libraries have story time for babies, so you can check that out near you. Also, you can slowly take some toys away and put them in your closet, then in a few weeks get one back out again and it will be brand new to him all over again. I haven't tried that with Ethan, but friends of mine have and said it worked. :)

Tracy said...

So, if you are brave: Put a few plastic containers on the kitchen floor with small amounts of water in them. Insert Aiden with just a diaper. Joshua seems to keep occupied with just a little water and a place to splash it in. Inside is difficult, but not impossible!

I agree also with story time at the library, Barnes and Knobles also does this

But, one sure fire thing to do, come see the Greenbergs and let the boys take their energy out on each other :)

April said...

I agree with the water inside. I put pots and pans on the floor with water and let them "wash" things.
When I was working as a preschool teacher, I would dye the water different colors each day.
Aiden is still young but walking so I would invest in a sprinkler or a little wade pool. Not much, my sprinkler cost 7 dollars. Just put the pool in a shaded area and he should have lots of fun.
Theres always walking around target too... :-)

Heather said...

I've heard that Heather's house is air conditioned, and always has a couple playmates around, most of the time some baby sitters, too! And a pool, and a sandbox, and we have a kitchen, and some pots and pans... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that today visiting Nana was an option and you took advantage of it. I can be entertained for hours by just watching Aiden. Oh, it's not me you want to entertain. Gotta get back on track here! I think everyone had some great ideas. Can't hurt to give them a try and hopefully the weather will break soon! :)