6.28.2008

Week in Review

It has been one long and busy week! Jeff left for high school camp in Ridgecrest, NC on Monday and will finally arrive home later this evening. From what I have been hearing, their time at camp has been excellent. The high schoolers have really bonded and shown a lot of maturity and growth both at the camp and at their mission placement. While, it was a bit lonely with Jeff gone, I really looked forward to his call at 11:30 each night to see how the day went and how God was affecting and using the students for His glory.

So, while Jeff was busy busy at camp, Aiden and I stayed very busy here. It was VBS week at church, which was extremely successful (if you ask me), so praise God for His work at VBS! I worked back in the childcare area with the infants to 2 year olds. It was a lot of fun, but exhausting at the same time. I would literally bring Aiden home for his nap and crash at the same time. Aiden and I also got to spend a lot of time with his grandparents on both sides. I feel so blessed to have family close by to help take care of Aiden and keep me company when Jeff is gone. It is also great because they feed us, too! I didn't have to cook all week! Hooray! We have also been on a mission for new shoes for Aiden. He has grown out of his current ones and I can't find any sandals or casual shoes for him. I've tried all the places I can think of, so if you have any great suggestions, let me know!

In other news, while Jeff was gone, we celebrated our 3rd anniversary on the 25th. Jeff surprised me by having flowers sent to the church, since he knew I would be there all week. What a great husband! Aiden also had his post-op appointment for his ears and everything looks great. We haven't been to see his pediatrician in 3 weeks, which I think is a record for us since January! So, in my professional opinion, the tubes seem to be working. Well, I think that just about covers it.

Here are some pictures from the week!

Trying to call his daddy


Showing his excitement for his new Tonka truck


Finding another use for the truck


Pretty flowers

2 comments:

Windot said...

Oh yay, what a sweet post. Happy Anniversary!

Tracy said...

Anniversary! I'm so glad you had the grandparents around to help the time go by easier. Aiden looks so much bigger now- I can't believe how fast he is growing! Miss you!