6.03.2008

My Anxious Heart

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7


Tomorrow morning, my baby boy will have surgery to have tubes inserted into each ear. While I know that this is a very common procedure and this is the best thing for him, I cannot help but feel anxious and scared. I have a peace that Aiden will do well during the surgery, but it is the part where I have to hand him over to the hospital staff so they can deliver the anesthesia and perform the surgery that has made me a nervous wreck. I keep going over the scenario in my head and each time I become a little more frightened. I just picture him on the table scared and afraid and I can't be there to comfort him. The mom in me just wants to protect and be there for him constantly, but in this situation I can't. I have to rely on God. I have to believe and trust that He is going to be there watching over and caring for Aiden before, during, and after the surgery. If God can control where the lightening will strike, then he will certainly be in control over Aiden's surgery. Knowing that God is in control and Aiden will be in His hands is the truth I will place my trust.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Lauren, we will pray for Little Man tomorrow! And for you! I know that He will comfort and protect him, even better than you can. Big Hugs!! Let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do for you!
God Bless You!

Heather

Anonymous said...

i will be praying for him! i remember when i got my tubes in, i didn't really know what was going on though!!! but God will protect him!

April said...

Lauren, we'll be praying for you. Believe me, I know that anxious feeling... God is with you wherever you go. I really like this verse in Exodus 14 that says Be still and the Lord will fight for you. We will be in prayer for you, April