5.05.2010

Our Sports Enthusiast

Aiden loves sports.  He loves playing sports.  He loves watching sports.  And I'm not sure where he gets his love for all things sports.

{Hitting the ground with the bat.}

Jeff and I were swimmers.  I'd like to say we are swimmers, but not swimming a lap in the last five plus years officially qualifies one as an ex-swimmer.  Anyways, we did not play team sports.   I think each of us tried one or two when we were little, but it never took.  I don't know why Jeff didn't continue with baseball or soccer, but I know I didn't like to sweat.  I much preferred always smelling like chlorine and leaving the pool in the middle of winter with a wet hair over sweating it out in the hot sun. 

{Staying focused.}

I'm guessing I did not have much hand-eye-coordination, but that is a hunch.  Aiden does not have this problem.  He is good at any sport he tries.  I know I'm the momma, but seriously, this is what others constantly tell me, so there must be some truth to it.   

{Running the bases.}

The boy has no problem hitting a pitched baseball, hitting a golf ball, kicking a soccer ball, or shooting  basketball.  It's just weird to me.  I don't understand it.  I never would have guessed he would enjoy sports the way he does or be good at them.  Is it because he is a boy?  Does it come natural for all boys?  Or is it hereditary?  If its hereditary, then who did he get this from?  It is not me, that's for sure. 

{Batting is serious business.}

I'd like to say he has a favorite, but it changes every week.  Last week it was golf.  This week it is baseball.  And next week it might be soccer.  Or not.  There is no telling. 

{Keeping his eyes on the ball.}

It is really fun to watch his skills develop.   I do wonder which sport we will sign him up for when he is old enough.  And I would love for him to enjoy swimming the way Jeff and I do, but before that can happen, he will need lessons and get rid of the life vest.  That will all come in time though.

{Running the bases.  This time the bases went all around the house.}

In the meantime, I am going to sit back and watch my boy have fun. 

{And baseball is done.  He has found the ants.}

Because when he is having fun, laughing, and smiling, I am having fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must have got it from his great uncle. He's going to look pretty good in a SEMINOLES uniform some day!