Last night, we celebrated my father-in-law's birthday. As with any birthday party there was cake and ice cream. Ok, let me back up a little bit. A few days ago, when Jeff and I took Carter over to CHKD for another test, Aiden spent the morning with his Nana. The agenda for the morning was to make his Grandaddy's birthday cake. Aiden had a blast making the funfetti cake and decorating it with sprinkles. Can you tell which sprinkles Aiden added to the cake? So, all we heard about for the past couple days was eating the "birfday" cake. He was so excited. I'm not sure if he was more excited that he had a part in the cake or that he was going to eat the cake. I'm going to go with eating the cake. He's two.
Ok, now we can resume. After dinner and presents, it was finally time to put the candles on the cake and sing "Happy Birthday" to his Grandaddy. Aiden, of course helped with all of it. He even delievered the first piece to his Grandaddy. Once he saw his piece, he decided it was time to stop the whole "helper boy" act and eat his cake. And ice cream...chocolate ice cream. (That piece of information is crucial.)
He devored the cake and ice cream. He even asked for more chocolate sauce (a.k.a. ice cream), but his request was not granted. Enough is enough, especially when its 8 pm and past bedtime. Shortly after cake and ice cream we headed home. It was already past bedtime, remember?
The culprit. Chocolate. Yes, the chocolate ice cream. I know chocolate keeps him up, but I guess I didn't put the two together last ngiht. Or I chose not to. It's a party, right? Well, I learned my lesson. Sadly, this isn't the first time chocolate has kept him up. It's not even the second time. So, I've made a new rule. No chocolate before bedtime. Absolutely none. No exceptions.
1 comment:
Lauren,
Nor did I think about it and I too know better (remember I gave him hot chocolate one night after it snowed - I didn't think he would ever go to sleep that night either). So I'm with you on the no chocolate and I think we will both remember from now on! Thanks to all of you for making "gradaddy's" bday so special! Love you bunches!!!!
Post a Comment