
My intentions were good. I wanted to update the blog once we left the hospital, but life got in the way. Doctors appointments resumed, Aiden needed attention, sleep needed to happen, and then there was the whole getting used to the feeding pump thing. Oh, and let's not forget Christmas was coming whether I wanted to admit it or not.
So, its been a week since we left the hospital. We were able to get in somewhat of a routine, we celebrated Christmas as a family of four, and even managed to go to Christmastown at Busch Gardens last night. It seemed as if life was normal, or as normal as our life can be right now. And then, I wake up this morning and take Carter's temperature because my father-in-law thought he felt warm. And much to my surprise, seriously, he had a fever of 100.4. I immediately hopped into the shower and got ready for what I thought would be a doctor's visit. I was wrong. We were sent straight to the ER here at our second home, CHKD.
Once we got to the ER things moved pretty quickly. We only waited a few minutes before Carter had a room and tests started to take place. Apparently, because he is 7 weeks and hasn't had his 2 month shots, he got the full work-up. I'm talking an iv for blood work, spinal tap for meningitis, nose swap for RSV and flu, and chest x-ray for pneumonia. Along with that comes a 2 day admission to the hosptial. Yes, that makes three admissions for Carter for the month of December. We are praying that he will only have to stay one night and he will be discharged tomorrow. He has not had a fever since we got here, go figure, and so far all of his tests have come back negative. He has been started on some antibiotics incase of infection and I guess, now we are just here for Carter to be monitored to make sure he doesn't spike another fever and wait for the results of the remaining tests.
We are finding ourselves tired and worn out in more ways than one, but we know God is with us. Thank you again for all your prayers. We cannot tell you how comforting to know how many people are praying for our family.
2 comments:
We are praying for you guys! We hope you get to go home very soon, and get to stay there!
I doubt this makes you feel better, but we have done this one with both our boys (at 8 weeks for Zeke and 5 weeks for Ben). It is such an awful experience! I will be praying for strength for you.
Oh, and if its like it is here, you will have to go into the dr for checkups and antibiotic shots for two days following the ER visit.
Post a Comment