Just spoke with one of the GIs from Carter's practice and he seems to think that we will be able to head home today. Carter has put on some weight since we've been here (don't ask how much, its in kg and I'm bad at the conversion) and has also been able to tolerate his feedings, so that according to him is reason enough to go home. He doesn't want Carter catching anything else while we are here. I'm on board with that.
While typing this, the home health coordinator came in and is currently working on getting all the pieces in order for us to go home. According to her, someone will come and either drop of the pump and teach us how to use it here at our house. They will also be delivering us the formula. From my understanding, the formula will be covered by insurance because it is medically necessary at this point. That is a Christmas gift in itself to us. It probably will not be covered forever, but for now, it should be. Although the bill could totally say something different when it arrives.
At Carter's next feeding they are going to drop a shorter tube down so it will be less likely for crazy Aiden to get a hold of it. They are also supposed to teach us how to insert it, but from what I've seen it is a bit difficult and challenging to do and there is also a lot of room for error, so let's just pray the one that is put in next stays in will not come out.
Now we are just waiting to see cardiology and have the ultrasound. As long as everything comes back normal we should be good to go.
6 comments:
Good to have an update. I'm praying for you all! If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to let me know. :) (Ginny Hopkins)
Praying for you and that Carter continues to improve. Glad you will be home for Christmas. (Pam & Phil)
Good news but I know it is scary to go home and not be certain about the tube. There are those that are experienced with it so call if you need help. We love you lots.
Oh Lauren, my heart goes out to you and Jeff and baby Carter! I will say a special prayer each day for Carter! You sound like you are staying incredibly strong & I know you have a good support system! Hang in there - you have a lot of people praying and thinking of you and your family!!
So happy Carter is doing better and that you can hopefully go home. Don't stress about the tube; if there is not a home health nurse I bet you can always call Sherry Hawkins. Been too many years for me to feel comfortable, but I will help in amy other way possible. Let me know.
Yay for you being able to have all of your family home again!
Post a Comment