10.13.2008

A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

On Saturday, my mom and I took Aiden to a pumpkin patch in Matthews County. Aiden had more fun, than I had anticipated. I expected to go and pick out a pumpkin and take some pictures with Aiden and his pint-sized pumpkin. But, he really had a blast and got into all the activities and games there. He had great fun throwing balls through the pumpkin faces, making his way through a kiddie hay maze with his Gram, going down the tractor slide, and even helping pick out his own pumpkin. Although, I'm pretty sure he thinks the pumpkins are just big orange balls. He kept calling them balls and even tried kicking some. I think if he had found one light enough, he would have tried throwing it. I can see where he gets confused. They are round-ish. He really enjoyed the hay ride back from the field and was totally mesmerized by the tractor and all the loud noises it made. At the end, he even got up the courage to pet the goat, except he was going for the wrong end, so I quickly grabbed him up and sanitized his hands. Yuck. After the pumpkin patch we headed into downtown Matthews and had lunch in a cute little resturant with my mom's good friend. It was such a wonderful day to pick pumpkins and now our pumpkins are being proudly displayed on our front step. I don't think we'll be carving them this year...maybe I'll let Aiden fingerpaint his.




2 comments:

Windot said...

How cute!!! I LOVE the new blog template!!!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I was just looking back at the post from last year at the pumpkin patch. It amazes me how much he has grown.