
So, I've been tagged once again, this time by my fun and exciting friend, Heather. But this one proves to be more difficult than the last. It is easy listing your favorite dessert (anything chocolate, if your curious) and the last movie you watched (Ironman). But, having to think of 7 random facts about yourself is not so easy when you consider yourself a middle-of-the roader (aka:boring). I'm ok with that. I came to terms with boring long time ago. So given the fact that I couldn't come up with any truly interesting or earth-shattering facts about myself on my own, or at least none that wouldn't keep you from falling asleep, I cheated. I enlisted the help of my husband, who is really good looking I might add. Thanks, Jeff.
Here are my 7:
1. I feel sad after finishing a book. I become so engrossed in a book that the characters of the book become my friends. I often dream of the characters, or "my friends", and feel like I have lost my friends after the book ends. Now, the longer the book or the series, the more intense this sadness becomes.
2. I was once an administrative assistant to one of the greatest theological thinkers in America. I had the wonderful privilege to serve under Dr. L. Russ Bush during our time at Southeastern. Sadly, Dr. L. Russ Bush passed away early this year, but will always hold a special place in my heart.
3. The amount of anesthisa that is required for my body to keep me sedated during a surgery would put the avearage football player in the ICU on a ventilator (according to the doctor).
4. When Jeff and I were dating, our crazy busy lives would only allow us 1 hour to hang out a week. We would meet a small coffee shop, Harbor Expresso, which is now a hair place for kiddos, and sip coffee and study together. How romantic.
5. During college I had a bad habit of falling asleep in between classes on the oh-so-comfy leather couch in the old CNU library. This couch was not in a hidden corner, but placed just inside the front doors to the library. So there is a good chance that a huge portion of the student body saw me sleeping there many times, as the library entrance was also the entrace to the campus Starbucks. Yea, I had no shame then, but sadly given the opportunity I would probably fall asleep on that couch again.
6. My mom thought I should join an intelligence agency growing up, due to my incredible ability to hold a conversation with someone and listen to whatever converstation was going on next to me. Now, don't worry, I'm not so good at this anymore. After having a baby, I seem to have lost my discreet ability to carry on one coversation while listeninng to another.
7. I am not crafty or creative, but have the buring desire to be crafty. I would love to sew, srapbook, paint, crochet, knit. You name the craft, I'd probably love to try it, but I always find myself way too overwhelmed to know where to begin or how to make it unique. My new desire is to paint our "future" house. I'm desperately sick of our white walls, so if and when we ever own a house, I'm afraid I'm going to go crazy with paint colors. Oh well, at least it will be a happy house.
2 comments:
You did a great job, Lauren! I think you are very interesting and unboring by the way!
Heather
This is so great- I love it- I love you! Oh, I miss you so much Lauren . . . now to get to my seven . . .
Post a Comment