5.25.2008

An Evening with Dear Friends

Tonight the three of us were invited to a cookout at my good friends' parents house. It was so wonderful to be able to spend time and relax with old friends and their husbands. It is hard to believe that I met these special sisters, Sarah and Kate, when we were only young girls at the age of 5 and 8 and now we are all married! It has been so amazing to grow together, not only in age but in our faith with Christ. They have since moved to other parts of Virginia, so it is always nice when we can find a time to gather with our families and enjoy each others company. It is such a special friendship to me that I will always hold dear to my heart.

While we were there, Aiden had his first encounter with corn on the cob. He absolutely loved it. I had not planned on giving him corn on the cob, but over the past few days he has rejected any sort of prepared baby food that I put in his face and last night was no exception. I had brought spaghetti for him to eat, but seeing all the grown ups eat cookout food, he would have nothing of the spaghetti and who could blame him. I would choose the hot dog and corn any day! He kept reaching for my corn on the cob so I let him have it. He did pretty well for only having 3 teeth and it kept him busy for quite a while.

Aiden also discovered bubbles for the first time. He had a great time trying to reach and pop the bubbles. I guess now I will have to open the bubbles I have for him.

Thanks for a lovely evening ladies! We had a great time!

Aiden chowing down on his corn

Aiden trying to touch the bubbles

1 comment:

Windot said...

YAY, love the pictures! Ethan LOVES corn on the cob too! We need to get these boys together!!!