If it is not one thing, it is another. Do you ever feel that way? Because I do. I'm feeling that way now. This post started out as a celebration of sorts. I wanted to write it and post it yesterday. In fact, I had the first few lines typed out, but then life got in the way and that other thing happened. So, now I'm not even sure where to start or what to say. I'm just full of mixed up emotions. But that is life. Isn't it? Or, is it just me?
Let's start with the good. It's always nice to start there, wouldn't you agree? Yesterday marked the two week point where Carter has not had a feeding tube. Two weeks ago, Carter decided he was done with the feeding tube. Craziness. He has been doing extremely well without his tube. He has been drinking from his bottle, but still requires cheek and chin support from the person feeding him his bottle. That means there is still improvement to be made, but right now, I am just celebrating the fact that the feeding tube is no longer needed. I'll take assisting him drinking a bottle any day over the feeding tube. As cute as he was with the feeding tube, he is that much cuter now. At least, I think so.
Carter has also been doing extremely well eating his pureed foods. I want to call the food solids, but it really isn't solid food. He eats oatmeal cereal in the morning, a fruit at lunch, and a vegetable at dinner. He has gobbled up everything we have given him, but have stopped carrots because a rash appeared on his back both times I fed them to him. I'm not sure if the two are related, but I'll try carrots again in a week or so and see if the rash reoccurs. I had such high hopes of making the baby food this time, I even asked for a food processor for Christmas. But, I'm not really sure if that is ever going to happen now. Life is too crazy and buying the food at this point is just a bit easier. Hopefully sometime soon, I'll be able to give it a shot and create a supply for the freezer. I'll let you know if that ever happens. Don't get your hopes up. I'm not.
Ok, now on to the not-so-good news. I really don't want to call it bad news. Like I said earlier, as I was typing out my happy post, then that other thing happened. The thing: my mom called and told me my dad would be admitted to the hospital. He has a very bad infection on his face and they believe it is MRSA. The cultures, that will confrim the diagnosis, will not be back for another day or two, but the likelihood is strong. I have not seen him or visited him in the hospital, because I have two little ones to care for, so I am just getting updates as my mom gives them. It is hard having him in the hospital. I want him to be healed instantly and I want him to come home, but I know it is a process. I was just there with Carter, so you would think I would understand the waiting game. But it is still hard to be patient. We are just praying hard that the antibiotics will take charge and stop the spread of the infection before it reaches something it shouldn't.
So, that is where I am. Rejoicing on the one hand and worrying on the other. I told you I was full of different emotions. I know God is in control of both situations, Carter's and my dad's. So, instead of making myself crazy with worry, I am going to continue to pray and place my hope in Him.
Thanks for reading.





3 comments:
Love it... even from Argentina.
Praying for you all, Lauren. Big e-hug headed your way. :)
Oh, Lauren -- it isn't just you. Life seems to be taking the bitter and the sweet all at the same time, and praising our God who provides all the while. Your family continues to be in our prayers. Please ask us for help if you need any support -- we're here now and rejoice in being able to live in community with our friends here. ~ Suzy
Post a Comment