I know it has been way too long since I last updated you on our family. January and February (thus far) proved to be very busy. I am happy to report that at the current moment we are all finally healthy (except for my stuffy nose) and hope to stay that way. In the beginning of January, Aiden was admitted to the hopsital for a short stay due to breating complications from the RSV. Then as soon as he was better, we all seemed to come down with one thing or another. So, needless, to say it took a while to get back into the swing of things. Despite Aiden being sick, it has not seemed to slow his developmental progress. He is now 8 1/2 months old and as active as ever. The day after we returned home from the hospital, Aiden began pulling himself up to a standing position on whatever he could use. Then it seemed that as quickly has he accomplished pulling himself up, he started to work on crawling. I can honestly say it did not take him long. It seemed that overnight he went from scooting to being up on all fours and then rocking back and forth. And then right before he turned 8 months, he was off. I quickly baby proofed the house, installed a gate for the den, and have blocked off any area that is off limits in the den. His very latest thing is to hold on to things and walk along them. Does this mean walking is sooner than I had anticipated? Aiden is also a chatter box. He loves to talk and explore all kinds of sounds. He is always saying "da-da", but it is not in association to Jeff yet. That day will come though.
The only frustrating thing for mommy is that Aiden refuses to eat any vegatables or meat in the baby food conatainers. He will literally clamp is jaw and lips shut and will not let you get the food in there. So, he eats fruit 3 times a day. I know it isn't the best, but I have run out of ideas. I have tried actual small pieces of cooked vegatables, but he just refuses to eat it or spits it right back out. Any advice???
Here are the pictures:
Driving his car

Taking a "big boy" bath

Playing in his crib (aka: tearing down the bumpers)

Playing in the toy basket

Playing with Big Bear
Exploring
4 comments:
So cute!! Thanks for updating!
Aiden is precious!!!
he is so adorable! he's lucky to have such cool and really nice christian parents and influences!! he's gotten so big!
He's getting so big! I love seeing these pictures...that way whenever we get to see him again it's not going to be quite so shocking to see him huge, and walking and talking. :-) (He probably will be doing both by the time we get to see him again.) And you've probably tried this already (I don't claim to have great amounts of mommy wisdom), but have you mixed veggie baby food in with fruity baby food? Sounds gross to us, but I've occassionally gotten babies to eat veggies when they're hidden and masked behind yummy fruitiness. :) I loved reading about what you've been up to. Thanks for posting and sharing!
Post a Comment