Last weekend, I attended the S.W.A.T conference, which is the staff wives conference for the SBCV. I can honestly say that it was better than I had anticipated. I went in with little expectations and was plesantly surprised. The speaker was a fellow pastor's wife from Texas who ecouraged us all on how we can better serve our husbands, and his ministry, as well as our own ministry.I thought I would share just a few points from one of her talks, as many of you have husbands that are pastors or are getting ready to enter the pastoral world. (If anything, it will stir some thought for you.) Her first talk was centered on what a pastor's wife is and what a pastor's wife is not. I found it to be a good reminder, as we can all get bogged down with the roles and hats that we wear as a pastor's wife.
A pastor's wife is not:
- An offensive tackle
- A spiritual wonderwoman
- Mother superior
- Does not have a rule book for pastor's wives
- Does not have to have it all together
A pastor's wife is:
- Just that...a pastor's wife
- A work in progress
- Loved by God
- Ever changing and growing
From the conference, the most important thing that I gleaned was, I am not perfect and I do not have to be, but I do need to be consistently changing and growing. And to do that I need to be in God's presence everyday.
1 comment:
YAY A POST! I have been anxiously awaiting a new post from you! GOod reminders on the role of a pastors wife! Check your e-mail for ideas on how to help aiden eat better!
He is SO cute!!!!!!!
Post a Comment