Last weekend Jeff and I had a wonderful opportunity to attend the Desiring God conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The conference was focused on the Endurance of the Saints. The conference was excellent and my personal favorite speaker was Dr. Helen Roseveare who spoke on the topice of perseverance and told a little of her story. The joy she has for Christ is just amazing and gave such encouragement to me. I am now reading one of her books titled Give Me This Mountain, which is her first book in her autobiographical series. You can listen to all the talks from the conference here.
Although we had a great time just the two of us at the conference, I definitely missed Aiden and was ready to come home and care for my little one. We had some trouble getting home from the conference due to weather and construction at the Minneapolis airport. It was looking as if we were going to have to spend the night either in Minneapolis or Atlanta, but after explaining to the flight agent that I really needed to get home to by baby, God blessed us with a nonstop flight home. This did mean that we lost our luggage for a day, but that was the least of our worries. My priority was to get home and hug and kiss Aiden!
P.S. Thanks Gram and Pops for taking care of Aiden!
No comments:
Post a Comment