I keep my promises. Or at least I try very hard to keep them. And I promised I'd tell you about Aiden's party. I know you are all dying to know and keep refreshing this page to see when I'd make that promise a reality. Well now is the time. Hold on to your seats.
Ok, its not really that exciting. I'm thinking I've had too much coffee this morning. Maybe another cup isn't really a smart idea. I apologize for the corny humor or sarcasm. I just can't seem to help myself sometimes.
Back to the party. We celebrated Aiden's birthday at my parents' house with a small family party. He had a Thomas the Train themed party, and my sweet and very talented friend, Kate, offered to make Aiden his cake. It was spectacular and Aiden thoroughly loved it. She delivered the cake a few days early because she was in town visiting her family (and me), so Aiden was able to enjoy just staring at the awesome cake. He thought it was the coolest thing that Thomas was "chug-chugging" out of the tunnel and had many stories as to where Thomas was going on the cake.
Thank you, Kate for making a truly wonderful birthday cake. It was perfect and I really felt bad for having to cut into it. But, I was glad after I did, because it was absolutely delicious. You are very talented and I'm starting to think I need to find something I'm good at because all my friends are very creative and have a special talent. Anyways, I really wish you lived closer, so you could make all my cakes. Is there anyway to ship them? Or better yet, move closer, that away I could not only enjoy your cakes, but also see you all the time?
Back to the party. After feasting on Aiden's favorite meal, ravioli, courtesy of my dad, it was time to open presents.
First, it was a set of real golf clubs from Me and Pops.
Next, it was a real baseball bat, glove, bases, and balls from Nana and Granddaddy.
Then, it was more tools to add to his Home Depot tool kit.
My sister and her friend stocked him up on Auburn apparel. He also got his lantern for his fort, er house, and a "Go Fishing" game.
Then came the big finale. Jeff and I got him a real bike. Are you noticing a "real" theme going on. And you have to say "real" as Aiden does, "reee-Al." He immediately took a spin on his bike with his Daddy and loved every bit of it. I think he would of stayed on it all night if not for the rain that came just a few minutes after the big reveal.
I'm sure I am forgetting a few gifts and some highlights, but I can promise you, Aiden a wonderful birthday party. Watching his face and expressions opening the gifts was truly priceless. It has proved to be by far the best age for gifts, so far. He was overjoyed with everything he received.
And not only has was he through-the-roof with excitement that evening, but has been since. All of the gifts have been providing him with many hours of outdoor entertainment, which is great for him (and me-an added bonus). Everyday he has to go through the rotation of his new gifts, literally. Golf, baseball, bike, then maybe an old toy or game, or maybe back to golf...one just never knows, but at least he is having fun.
1 comment:
Enjoying pictures of "the boys". I miss them but know that they are having a wonderful time with Me and Pops! :)
Post a Comment