I know, I know, its been too long. Trust me when I say, my husband, my family, and my friends have been all over me about keeping the blog going. I think I lost interest for a while or rather facebook got a hold of me. Yes, lets blame facebook. I got lost in the star-studded appeal facebook with the status updates, the quizzes, the games, and well everything FB has to offer. And all of a sudden blogging just didn't have the appeal it used to have on me. But I digress, after a long hiatus, I'm back.
I think it would just be easier if I just gave a quick update for each of us. I mean, where do you start when your last blog was, well, I don't know when it was. So here are our updates:
Jeff... is crazy busy as ususal. The student ministry is thriving and we are seeing such growth in the students. God is truly doing a mighty work in the hearts and lives of our students. For example, in August, the students gave over $1500 to missions and over 90 students either pledged to go into full time ministry if and when God calls them or to generously suppoting missions with their income. Jeff is also working on finishing up his M.Div and will graduate in December! Seriously, I can hardly contain my excitement! And, in all his spare time, yes he does have a little, he does a wonderful job of being a husband to me and a daddy to Aiden. He is always willing to give me some Aiden-free time while I fix dinner or run a quick errand. Seriously, there is nothing like watching my two boys play together. Its the sweetest thing in the world! He can have fun and be silly with Aiden in a way I just cannot. He has also done a great job of finding time for just the two of us. I know we are both fully aware that in a few weeks our time will be fully consumed with taking care of a newborn and toddler, so its been nice to have a few dates before that time comes.
Lauren...I am staying busy taking care of our wild one and trying to prepare for the arrival of our second one as best as I can. I am 33 weeks along and for those of you who don't know, we are having a boy. I never thought I would be a mom to boys, but this is where I find myself and wouldn't have it any other way. I have gotten into a sort of organizational craze lately. I've been cleaning out closets, cabinent, clothes, you name it, I've probably cleaned it. It's amazing how much trash we can accumulate in just a couple of years. The good thing about all this organizing is that it has really helped me with wanting to keep the house clean and in order. Now, if we can just find a way to inspire me to fix dinner. Maybe after the baby arrives, I'll be more interested in cooking again, until then...its one day at a time.
Aiden... turned 2 in June and is really good at being 2. He is on the go constantly, but is still taking great naps and sleeping great at night, for the most part. Aiden loves to play outside, ride his tricycle, and has really got into imaginative play as of lately, which is really cool to listen and watch. He also likes anything to do with cars, trucks, or Thomas. He is excited about being a big brother, well as much as a 2 year old can grasp. He has been practicing how to touch and kiss the baby and has even been asking to share his toys with Baby Carter. He moved into his big boy room a few months ago and is doing great at sleeping in his big boy bed. We also got rid of the pacifier recently, which went way smoother than I could have anticipated. We have yet to really dive into the whole potty training deal, he just isn't interested yet, but occasionally will ask to go sit on the potty and we will have success.
Carter... is just six weeks from entering the world. Its hard to believe that in just a few short weeks, we will be a family of four. Carter is more active in the womb that
Aiden ever was. It makes me a little anxious as to how active he will be out of the womb, but I know God will not give me more than I can handle. He has been doing great at all of our doctors appointments. We have not had the exciting doctors visits that we had with
Aiden, but honestly, that is a good thing. I'll take uneventful any day. We still have a little work to do in his room,
Aiden's baby room, like changing out the name and a few other little things, but all that will be done in time.
5 comments:
aww (: sounds like life is crazy! we're excited for carter (: thanks for the update!
An update!!! You finally went from being the bottom of my blogroll to the top!!! It has been like 6 months girl. Glad to hear things are going well. I know we both will be adjusting to life with a newborn in the next few months. I am actually a little nervous. More about how Ethan will handle it because he is such a mama's boy!
YES! Good job on the blog post! :) For some reason it does get a little hard to crank out posts sometimes, so I commend you. ;-) And, we didn't know you had a name picked out! Carter! I love it! :)
yay! I'm so happy to see what's going on with you guys. I feel like a horrible friend. Let's have a phone date soon. Miss yOU!
finally an update. i thought you fell off the face of the earth ;) i always check your blog. and i just have to say, i LOVE the name Carter. so excited for your soon to be arrival!
Post a Comment