8.20.2008

Where have we been...?

There have been a few requests to update the blog and clue everyone in on what has been going on with us these past few weeks. I think my last post was the beginning of July, and wow, a lot has a lot happened since then. I'm not even sure where to start. If I type it all out, my little fingers might fall off, so I think I'm just going to give you an update for each of us. A warning though, I'm not sure I have any pictures to post. Sorry!

Aiden is doing really well. He is 14 months old now and is really starting to look like a little boy. He is on the go all the time, only to stop for an afternoon nap and bedtime. His personality is starting to shine through more and more. He loves to laugh and smile and be the center-of-attention and yet, at the same time he is laid-back, and easy-going. He is pretty mild-mannered, but also knows how to test his limits. He also has a love of music. He loves to dance, clap, bounce, and drum to the music. He loves to figure out how things work or go together. And I can't forget, he loves balls. Give the kid a ball, and it will occupy him for quite some time. He is also starting to like Sesame Street. This is the only time he will sit down and watch the TV. I have to say, I love that he enjoys Sesame Street! It gives me a chance to get some things done around the house.

Jeff is staying as busy as ever, but we are used to it. The summer is winding down for the youth group, just in time to gear up for back-to-school events. The youth group had some amazing times at camp and different activities around town and at church, and from my perspective, have really started to come together and care for one another. It really was a sweet summer. Jeff just started another semester of online classes through Southeastern and on Friday he will begin his first day teaching at Calvary Classical School in Hampton. He will be teaching the 7th and 8th grade Bible class there 2 days a week. This is a great opportunity for him and I can't wait to see how God uses him there at Calvary.

And as for me, I'm on the mends. This past month or so, I have had a horrible time with one stubborn kidney stone. Ladies, I'm here to tell you, its worse than labor and delivery! But, after 2 ER visits, one failed procedure, and one surgery, I am happy to say that the kidney stone is gone! Recovery from the surgery was more difficult than I could have imagined and I am thankful that I finally seem to be on the other side of this whole ordeal. This past month has really tested my limits and really taught me that it is ok to let others help. So, a huge thank you to everyone who brought us meals, took care of Aiden, and more importantly prayed for my recovery! I also owe a huge thank you to my mom and mother-in-law, who practically cleaned my house each day. It was so nice knowing that the dishes were clean and put away, the carpets were clean, and that the toys were in their right place. And I can't forget my husband, who worked from home to help take care of me and Aiden. So thank you, thank you, thank you!

I think that pretty much brings us up to date. Looking forward to posting more frequently from now on....

2 comments:

Drew and Suzy said...

Oh, wow, Lauren! I had no idea you had such a rough month or so! I'm so glad that you're on the mend and getting back into the swing of things. And I'm also so glad that God provided people to help you with the "little" things (not really so little) around the house, and with Aiden. We're looking forward to hopefully seeing y'all next week, if you're still able to make it! :)

Windot said...

YAY great update! Sorry to hear you had a kidney stone, though. YIKES! I hope you recover quickly!