Carter Tait is here!
I know. I'm behind on this post. But please forgive me. Trying to find time to jump on the computer to update has been tough...I wonder why?
Well, he is here. Carter was born Monday, November 9th at 12:55 pm. He weighed in at 7 lbs and measured 21 inches long. He is very long and lean. He has been doing pretty good eating, once we got found the right formula. He's tongue-tied just like Aiden, so nursing is out. But that is ok, now I can have help with the feedings. He loves to sleep, so we are working on keeping him on a schedule during the day to wake him up some and get some food in him. He is becoming more alert every day, which is fun because I love to see his blue eyes.
He is one sweet boy and I love him. We all do, actually. Even Aiden. Aiden looks for him every morning when he wakes up, loves to give him kisses, and tries so hard to help mommy and daddy take care of the baby. It is really too sweet.
For the most part, everything in the hospital went very smoothly. The only real adventure we had was the crazy nor easter that came through. We were without power in our room for one morning and we were sent home during the middle of the storm. But we were glad to be able to leave and bring Carter home so he could meet Aiden. It really was a sweet time for our family, introducing Carter to Aiden. Aiden wanted to hold him and hug him from the first moment. It did help that Baby Carter gave Aiden the Spencer Thomas the Train Engine that he had been asking for for quite some time. He also got several other big brother gifts from us and the grandparents, which also aided in him loving being a big brother.
Now that we have been home for a week, we are loving being a family of four. There really isn't any down time and always something that can be done. But I know that it will only be a short while until we have established some sort of routine. Looking at Aiden, I know that time does fly. It seems like yesterday we were just starting out as a family of three. Now we are a family of four.
3 comments:
Welcome to the world Carter! Congrats guys on your family of four!
PS Owen nursed tongue tied and later had his tongue clipped. It didn't hurt him at all. It is possible if you do want to nurse.
YAY!!!!! HE is so cute! Congratulations. That will be us in a few more months! Hard to believe.
Shannon,
We tried nursing, he just wouldn't latch at all. Aiden is tongue tied, too. I tried nursing him for a few weeks, but after not gaining any weight we had to switch to formula-doctor's orders. So, when Carter was showing the same issues, we all just decided formula was our best bet. We tried getting Carter's clipped in the hospital, but they don't do it. Aiden is seeing a ped. dentist and hopefully will be getting his clipped in the next 6 months....then I can start trying to persuade the dentist to do Carter's, too. For whatever reason, it is really hard to convince people to do it around here. Anyways, that was probably too much info. Hope you and your family are doing well!
Post a Comment